Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I do not work, I schlep

It still hasn't hit me yet that I'm finally moving forward academically (mostly due to my HUGE reluctance to fork up the $500 tuition deposit by this Saturday.) To my friends who already have their own houses and masters degrees-- the fact that I am actually on my way towards a bachelor's and not some other random job wiping old asses*, is a revelation to them.

Yesterday while helping Janine with her classroom's aquarium, I casually mentioned to her about my acceptance into CalArts next year. Her response? Cupping her hands over her mouth while almost holding back tears, I KID YOU NOT. "I'm so proud of you!" she beamed as she gave me a hug, "You're going be so great there!" Seriously, not even my own MOTHER responded to my acceptance this way (also mostly due to my even LARGER reluctance to tell her about anything in my life.)

A little confused at this point, I wondered if Janine's enthusiasm was 100% genuine, or just a conditioned response from a 3rd grade school teacher-- whose daily job is to dole out praise and happy face stickers as if they're going out of style. In the end of course, it felt nice to know that there are still people in your life who act in their own right as your personal Richard Simmons (who I quote, “[Life] is the most magical place in the world!”)

Today is yet another day of le SCHLEP; wandering around, staring at things, being a senior in general. Work at both Mt. SAC and Reve is slow, not to mention the hole in my side that never looks likes its healing.

Also, if you want to blow off $200 bucks in about twenty minutes-- please visit the Coat & Jacket section of yesstyle.com. Unlike the Japanese, who tease the rest of the fashion world with their inaccessible clothing websites-- Koreans give it to you, and OMG DO THEY GIVE IT TO YOU GOOD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home