Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Home-Office Politics

Even though I now work mostly from home, I am still exposed to insipid-poo-for-brain-co-worker-stupidity via emails, teleconferencing, and on-line task management systems. One would think that with all this non-physical communication, it would be easier for me to handle all the blatant retardation-- but in the end it turns out to be 2471207102873 times more frustrating because I can't 'non-physically sock' my co-worker in the vag. I have so much passive-aggression towards them at this point, it's almost funny/sad.

user485: i didn’t want to hold the mouse for them, but i think our difficulty lies in the fact that they really are more technical people (as in programming is their expertise, etc.), rather than designers. or as what was expressed to naresh, perhaps they just do not see the design details the way we do... i am just wondering why they are still missing out the details. this has been pointed out in previous communication with them. and i am not sure if this is already a function of quality checking.

my_response: REALLY?! THEY ARE "TECHNICAL PEOPLE?" NO SHIT, ASSHAT. THEY ARE BACK-END PHP CODERS. OF COURSE THEY DON'T COMPREHEND WHATEVER THE FUCK IT IS YOURE TRYING TO SAY BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS GIVE THEM 7-10 WRITTEN PARAGRAPHS OF NONSENSE WITHOUT A SINGLE VISUAL REFERENCE. GIVE THEM A FUCKING SCREEN SHOT OF WHAT IT IS YOU WANT DONE, NOT SOME LENGTHY ESSAY ABOUT HOW "On the bottom bar, on the “ALL RIGHTS RESERVED”, pls remove the space between “&” and ”.”; and then add 2 spaces between ”.” and “A”." WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN?! WHICH BOTTOM BAR?! HOW LONG DID YOUR FATHER HAVE TO PISS IN YOUR MOTHER TILL YOU WERE CONCEIVED?!!!!! They are simply programmers, so you have to supplement your revisions with pictures in order for them to understand what it is you're trying to communicate as a designer.

...

Note that everything in green is what I deleted right before I responded to their IM. About 40 to 50% of our on-line conversations end up this way on my end because I am unable to reach into my monitor and slap them across the face.

I have problems.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie Wang said...

Work sucks no matter what.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Annie Wang said...

oh and dude speaking of retarded coworkers. my boss sent us an email that was basically like, "okay now overtime needs to be accounted for so on your timesheets please write down the project you worked on during overtime." my coworker was like "ugh i'm so pissed about that, i can't beleive she's making us write down what we're doing over time for." HELLO RETARD our boss wants to make sure we're not doing overtime to read perezhilton.

what the fuck is wrong with my coworkers? no wonder she hasn't been promoted for 2 years.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home