Thursday, October 04, 2007

I am on this thing too much.

Spent most of my day sitting hunched in front of my laptop, pounding out a boat-load of design specs for a winery website whose wine I don't even drink/enjoy (aside from paying me, yes-- BUT STILL.)

Illustration-wise, I have been extremely stagnant. I am not in the place I want to be in terms of art. After our last company meeting regarding design work that we'd put onto our website portfolio-- I'm officially back on the fence with this graphic design firm. Do I really want to work/own a company whose target market is mostly Real Estate agencies, BRO-ish t-shirt companies, and anything else that is totally void of edge (yet replete with mediocrity?) My boss always talks of me moving on to bigger things when I go back to school, but I amicably digress his compliments every time. Why? Because I am retarded. Also because I've been fortunate enough to work with a seasoned designer and owner who is so nice and willing to help me that it's almost disturbing. Every time we talk I try to deduce what makes my boss so friendly (so far I think it's because he's one of those "I-HELP-EVERYONE" Christians; he always has 'Go to Church' reminders on his own to-do list and his dogs are named after famous the Protestants Luther and Calvin. QUITE the sherlock holmes i am.)

I wish my brain were like a piƱata: the more i beat the crap out of it, the more goodies will come spewing out.

so far, no snickers bar-- but some new links instead:

lengthwidth.com - Dale's design mag. I want him to become famous already so I can live on his couch again. We had our per-usual 'I AM WHACKED OUT TIRED BUT LETS TALK ABOUT RANDOM SHIT LOL" phone convo earlier today. I hope he finally got some sleep.

bikeboom.com - After last week's INSANE Critical Mass ride through The Grove (on a FRIDAY night) Mann's Chinese Theater, and various parts of West Hollywood, Ken-chan and I are officially addicted to bike riding. Thanks to this calendar, our nights of DVD TV-series-humping/random bar-drinking are no more (which kind of makes me sad inside a little.) Come join us!

twitter.com/random_task - I added a twitter account because because because because. I don't know why. BUT i do believe everyone should add an account so I can stalk the crap out of you 24/7. I am all about the easy access to people's lives as opposed to calling them! HELL YES.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home