Sunday, May 13, 2007

happy 'mom-is-not-around' day!

I was up till 5 a.m. revising storyboard after storyboard, later waking up in my undies sprawled out on the bed-- my hands still resting on the keyboard.

Grandma and I avoided going to church today because we both felt nauseous and lazy. We had coffee for breakfast and watched a young Eddie Murphy negotiate with crazy junkies on TV.

Getting Grandma ready for lunch at my uncles took me about two hours because I took my sweet-ass time bathing her and applying her make up (drew some eyebrows, carefully penciled in some lip-liner, etc.)

Mom is still not home from her trip to the desert. For dinner tonight I'm making her tri-tip with peach salsa, and will overcook random vegetables as a side. Instead of roses, I bought her Lillies of the Valley (because they look just like the Jacobs Ladders in Animal Crossing) and am currently printing her business cards as a Mother's Day gift.

...

Three years ago, my mother and I did not speak to eachother for two weeks straight. I've now long forgotten what it was that we were mad about, but I remember thinking mid-way through the whole ordeal that if anyone was going to come out a winner in this slience contest-- it was going to be ME.

Of course I didn't win in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home