Friday, March 23, 2007

i should be packing...

I tend to get down about myself whenever I read the fabulously embellished lives of others I know online. Though, I should remind myself that everybody is dissatisfied with themselves, regardless of occupation, wealth, or terribly good looks (i.e. Christian Bale's slump into depression after filming Reign of Fire-- WHY DO I REFERENCE THIS?!)

I came across a survey David filled out and emailed to me a while back; as always, it made me smile.

17: tell me something about you that I don't know: When I was in elementary school and my mom would walk to the school to pick up my brother sister and me I would sometimes run home before anyone else and get popcorn and chocolate chips and wrap them into a napkin and microwave it so it was a huge chocolate-popcorn ball and let it cool in my dresser drawer. I also ate some of an old lunchable that was under my bed... but i think it was just the cheese and crackers.

In a few hours I'm going up to Mammoth with my brother and his in-laws. All I'm planning on packing is some sturdy boots, a poncho, and a couple bottles of dessert wine ($7 dolla HOLLA!) I don't want to snowboard, I don't want to sled, I just want to visit Devil's Postpile and marvel at the geometric absurdities of nature.

Speaking of which, Romanesco is INSANE LOOKING.

1 Comments:

Blogger diane said...

you're a really really good writer.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home