Sunday, March 11, 2007

sunday is the new blunday

I was stumbling in-between consciousness yesterday night after sitting through the longest business meeting ever in my life. SIX HOURS LONG. with no food or snacks aside from a glass of sparkling water to suppliment my dwindling attention span/raging hunger. By the fifth hour, I became more intent on listening to the delicious sounds made by my boss's dogs as they crunched on their food in the adjacent room. Gripped by jealousy over what sounded like Fruity Pebbles cereal being consumed, I must of shifted uncomfortably in my seat for a good ten minutes or so while my mouth painfully salivated over my favorite part of a complete breakfast.

By the time the meeting was adjourned, I booked it to Rey's Tepeyac and devoured a carne-asada burrito, which in the end proved to be a terrible idea (tummy aches & rabbit poo.)

...

There are not enough girlfriends in my life these days. When I stand around females I tend to feel disconnected and lonely; like an unshaven bum with a peg leg-- no matter how many times I try telling them my scintillating 'Nam stories, they all just push me away. Talking to Dawn on the phone the other night was nice though; I helped her think of ways to photograph her cats and sucessfuly get her boyfriend to propose to her ("maybe you can make him a roofie sandwich picnic and follow it all up with a garden wedding?") It was nice making someone other than my imaginary friends laugh.

Sad.

Today is Sunday and it feels completely lackluster despite the goregeous weather. HOWEVER! For the first time ever, I am going to make a To-Do list that I'll complete!

1.) Sit at the computer fiddling around with random projects; do not finish any of them.
2.) Play Animal Crossing.
3.) Use the bathroom.
4.) Watch 2039480912093 more Office episodes to make up for the gaping wound that the last episode left behind.
5.) Snack on random things around the house.
6.) Meet with Dale and repeat #'s 3 - 5 in similar fashion.

SO ACCOMPLISHED! Take that Lack of Purpose!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home