Sunday, January 28, 2007

ex-boyfriend voicemail frenzy

The other day I recieved missed calls and voicemails from two old assholes in my life (the BRO, and the Abuser) both asking if I wanted to hang out with them (one was about to get drunk while the other could fail a sobriety test with flying colors.) Of course I declined but talked to them anyway for a while, shooting the shit about their botched relationships (no surprise) and total lack of comprehension over the fact that I'm in the best/last relationship of my life. I like Mike's response the best, especially when I told him that Steven had just called and left a message.

"Isn't that the name of that guy you're dating?" Last month he thought David was asian, despite having seen pictures of him.

I look back on all the guys I've been with (only two of the six* total were great. the rest were an amalgam of embarassing/abusive/dysfunctional) only to come to the conclusion that my ugly past with them will always be my fault, regardless.

Also, who continues to talk to terrible hymen & emotional breakers anyway?




Me.

*it really should be five. the relationship between jeff and i lasted for only a day-- of which, a considerable amount of it was devoted to making out, with me being my usual pathetic self (clinging onto him like velcro, because I was alone and sad.)


...

During the critique in class today, a guy described my drawings as being, "so expressive-- they could bring someone to tears." I politely responded with a thank you, but was extremely creeped out. WHO SAYS THOSE SORTS OF THINGS? After class, he kept talking to me about how suprised he was at his own progress in school, but that he'd been drawing all his life, so it's all natural to him. He also tried to extract compliments from me about his own work, which ironically, I could've returned the latter part of his critique comments in verbatim.

"Your ego and artwork are so inflated-- they could bring someone to tears (the kind of tears shed when your retinas are scraped with pinecones.)"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home